Contact Emerging Horizons
Summer 2013 Contents
Purchase this issue from Smashwords.com
- A Yurting We Will Go
- If you’d like to get up-close-and-personal with Mother Nature, but dread the thought of pitching a tent, then check out these wheelchair-accessible yurts in Colorado.
- Mount Rushmore and Beyond
- Good access, great views and a very scenic cultural experience awaits visitors to South Dakota’s Black Hills. (read a sample from this article)
- Good Access and Great Scenery in South Dakota Badlands
- Located just east of Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park offers accessible trails and scenic drives dotted with hoodoo-like spires and erie rock formations.
- Bootleggers, Beans and Scenic Beauty Along Tennessee’s Thunder Road
- Named for the roar of the bootlegger’s hot rods, this one-time moonshine running route is now dubbed the White Lightening Trail. Throw in a little detour to sample some real shine, and you’ve got an accessible Tennessee road trip filled with prohibition history, Appalachian culture and some pretty cool views.
- Stroll, Roll and Relax in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Filled with quaint shops, wine tasting rooms and loads of galleries, Carmel-by-the-Sea is a great place to unwind. And with a nicely accessible property within rolling distance of all the hot spots in town, you can park your car and enjoy this storybook locale on foot.
- Walk on the Wild Side at Arizona Animal Park
- Get up-close-and-personal with North American wildlife at this Northern Arizona drive-through wildlife park.
- The Wonders Down Under
- Although cave tours usually aren’t very accessible, these three subterranean showplaces boast access adaptations that make them doable for many wheelers and slow walkers.
- Editors’ Desk
- Candy Harrington shares her road trip insights and passes along a few tips she’s discovered in the 100,000-plus miles she’s traveled across America.
- InnSider—Accessible Inns and B&Bs
- Located on 30 wooded acres, this secluded Black Hills property offers good old fashioned hospitality with a definite dose of European flair.
- Gems & Germs
- Heros and Villians of Accessible Travel
- The Curious Traveler
- Are the historic baths at Hot Springs National Park wheelchair accessible? Candy Harrington shares the details.
- Accessible Lodging Spotlight
- Located just south of the Grand Canyon, this Arizona property offers excellent access, comfortable amenities and some very accessible suites.
Subscribe to Emerging Horizons | Emerging Horizons Home
Emerging Horizons Accessible Travel News is a consumer oriented magazine about accessible travel. Emerging Horizons’ primary focus is travel for people with mobility disabilities; everybody from wheelchair-users to slow walkers. Lots of access information, resources, news and travel tips. All with no advertising!
Subscribe to Emerging Horizons