Contact Emerging Horizons
Winter 2014 Contents
Purchase this issue from Smashwords.com
- Hit the Slopes in Crested Butte
- Known as the last great Colorado ski town, Crested Butte boasts a top-notch adaptive ski program, a nicely remodeled accessible inn, and some very friendly down-to-Earth locals. (read a sample from this article)
- Historic Colorado Hot Springs Boasts Access Upgrades
- A nicely accessible lodge, and wheelchair access to the waters, awaits visitors to this 125-year old Colorado hot springs resort.
- A Touch of Glass in Tacoma
- As the birthplace of Dale Chihuly, Tacoma is ground zero for the studio glass movement. From public installations and museums, to small private studios, there’s no shortage of accessible haunts in this cultural capital of the Pacific Northwest.
- This rural Nevada driving route features some great desert scenery and a chance to hop off-the-beaten path and check out legendary Area 51. UFO sightings along the way aren’t guaranteed, but then again, anything is possible on this Las Vegas side trip.
- Out and About in Tucson
- Check out these accessible outdoor attractions in Tucson this winter. It’s a great way to escape the winter chill and enjoy the spectacular desert landscape.
- Accessible Lodging Options Near Yellowstone National Park
- With accessible rooms in short supply during the peak summer season, check out these accessible lodging picks just steps from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
- A Room with a Monumental View
- Located on a 16 million-acre Navajo reservation near the Arizona and Utah border, Monument Valley offers some spectacular views, as well as a very accessible hotel that overlooks the magnificent sandstone formations.
- Editors’ Desk
- Candy Harrington shares the highlights of this issue, and offers a number of resources for planning your 2014 travels.
- InnSider—Accessible Inns and B&Bs
- Located on a ridge top on rural Salt Spring Island, Touch the Sky B&B offers a very accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. And with accessible ferry service from Vancouver Island and the mainland, it’s easy to get to it too!
- Gems & Germs
- Heros and Villians of Accessible Travel
- The Curious Traveler
- Candy Harrington offers suggestions for accessible and historic rail excursions.
- Accessible Lodging Spotlight
- >This sophisticated private retreat offers a collection of top-drawer amenities, a very accommodating staff and excellent access. It’s the perfect place to unwind and take in the spiritual energy that simply engulfs Sedona.
- Accessible French Lodging and Tours
- Accessible Taxis Come to Columbus
- Croatia for All
- Megabus Moves West
- Customized Accessible Italy Tours
Subscribe to Emerging Horizons | Emerging Horizons Home
Emerging Horizons Accessible Travel News is a consumer oriented magazine about accessible travel. Emerging Horizons’ primary focus is travel for people with mobility disabilities; everybody from wheelchair-users to slow walkers. Lots of access information, resources, news and travel tips. All with no advertising!
Subscribe to Emerging Horizons